Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sipping Stones

SIPPING STONES


The wonderful people at Sipping Stones sent me a sample box of their Sipping Stones.  These stones come in two colors, grey or white.  The idea behind these stones is to keep your whiskey (or favorite liquor) chilled for your enjoyment, without getting watered down after a while like ice cubes can do.

This is what I was sent:
                                                                                
 

Inside of the Sipping Stones box comes 9 Sipping Stones and a nifty little travel bag to put them in.  I opened up my box and washed the stones off, as it says to do on the back of the box, and put them in the freezer this morning.  When it was cocktail time this evening, I took them out and boy were they cold!  I was actually amazed at how cold they were, I honestly wasn't expecting them to be as cold as they were.



I made tonight's cocktail and used 3 sipping stones inside.  I let the cocktail sit for a couple minutes to allow the stones to "chill" my cocktail.  Since I used orange juice in my cocktail, it was already a little chilled, so I figured that the test would be to see if my cocktail stayed "chilled" even after it should have gotten to room temperature.  It did!  It worked!  It was a nice surprise to take that sip that you assume will be the "warm sip" and to actually have it chilled, and still tasting just like it did when I made it!

I think if you enjoy your liquor straight up and on the rocks, you will definitely enjoy using these Sipping Stones.  I can think of a few people who would enjoy receiving these as gifts already!  Since these stones were meant to chill your liquor of choice, I decided to also drop one into a small glass of Grappa.


The Grappa was warm out of the bottle and the stone did give it a little chill!  All in all, I think this is a good product.  Now it's time for me to go wash off these 4 stones I used tonight and stick them back into the freezer for next time!

Thank You again to the people at Sipping Stone for sending me my own box of Sipping Stones, they will definitely come in handy and be used around this house!  Cheers!!

You can check out the Sipping Stones website here.
You can order your very own Sipping Stones here.
                                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment